Mar 12, 2009

Gluten Free: 5-layer Cookie Bar

Just for my mom:

I found a recipe that looks yummy today. 5-layer Cookie Bars. It looks and sounds just absolutely delicious.

Also,
Gluten-Free Shopping Guide.

123 Gluten Free makes and sells GF products, and has recipes and such on their site.

Don Wiss's Home Page has lots of links for GF/CF/milk allergy, etc. sites.

For GF recipes, try:

Authentic Foods

AllRecipes.com (also has non-GF recipes

Gluten.net

Karina's Kitchen

Epicurious (also has non-GF recipes)




Now, a recipe, copied and pasted since it is waaaaay down on the page I found it on, and most of that page isn't GF-related (although I did link to the page to give credit to the source):

From the blog, Green Gourmet Giraffe. (This has been copied and pasted directly from Green Gourmet Giraffe's blog with no editing on my behalf.)


Condensed Milk Macaroons
(From Best Gluten Free Recipes)
Makes about 30 bite size macaroons

1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup desiccated coconut
½ tin (200g) condensed milk
125 choc chips (I used white) OR chopped dried apricots

Mix all ingredients together. Drop in teaspoonfuls on a greased or lined baking tray. Baked at 150 C for about 15-20 minutes or til just turning golden brown. (Don’t let them get too well cooked – I once threw out a batch that I gave a few more minutes in the oven.) I found the mixture seemed to fall apart a bit and made an effort to shape it into balls but when baked it held together easily.

No comments: