Sep 13, 2008

My first post....

So, this is my first post. I joined some time back, to read a few specific blogs. Now I'm back, to read my mom's blogs (HI MOMMY!). She has gotten back into her writing, which I am proud of. She used to write such fantastic stories and poems and songs.... That was before a very dark period in our family history. She seems to have gotten herself back on track finally, and I couldn't be more proud. After what she has been through, I had begun to wonder if maybe the past had damaged her too much. I should have realized that she is stronger than that. She just had to do this in her own time, not mine or anyone else's.

Momma, if you're reading this, I am SOOOOO proud of what you have done the past 120+ days. I am proud that you have been through the fire more than once and came out on the other side each time, a little singed, but maybe not completely burnt. I am proud that you have finally, in your own time, come far enough to begin writing again. It may not pay much right now, but one day it will. I expect full updates on the NaNoWriMo you're doing, as well as your other work.

Momma, remember, God made women the stronger gender, emotionally and mentally, because He knew we would need it to survive all life throws our way. Hopefully, our emotional and mental workout is over for a while and we can relax.

For those who don't know her yet, my mother is a three-time widow (none of which was her doing, thank you very much) who is also a recovering addict, a writer, and a mother of three, including myself. Se already has been through more than some people twice her age. She is an amazing example of strength and courage. She is also an amazing example of losing it all time and time again. For what she has been through, and her ability to come out on the other side, I applaud her.

3 comments:

Helen H. David said...

Thank you so much, baby. Your post brought tears to my eyes. Your support means so much to me. I am so proud of you. I brag on you and your sister and brother all the time. Thank you again. I love you most.
~Momma~
"When there is pain, there are no words. All pain is the same." ~Toni Morrison

Jena Webber said...

sounds like you and your momma are quite special in the eyes of the Lord. Keep plugging along. Thanks for following my blog.

chattycups said...

I also think you and your momma are very special people. What you wrote brought tears to my eyes also. This is from your grandmother and Helen's mother, and she is doing a super job overcoming the obstacles in life that were so challenging and almost insurmountable at times.

I love you all. And I soon will be a great grandmother with another one to love.

Grandmother