Jan 9, 2009

Update on OB appointment and Granddaddy

Great news from my last appointment, which was Tuesday. The baby's heartbeat was 150! That is in the upper range of good, strong, and normal. Blood pressure is good, so no problems there. I have gained 1 pound since my last appointment. Which means more cake and ice cream for me this month! LOL. My next appointment will be Jan. 29 at 9:30 AM. Let's all hope the little bug shows off the goods, so paint and bedding and gender-appropriate cothing and such can be bought!

This child is already practicing to be a gymnast, it seems. Especially when I am trying to sleep. Kinda like his/her big sis was. I started thinking I felt the first flutters two days before Christmas, buut thought it might be gas or my horrid constipation/food digestion. Now it's obviously a baby. Still can't feel it from the outside, but I can sure tell when the baby gets all fired up and ready to turn cartwheels.

I bought a home heartbeat monitor at Walmart this week. It says it may not work until the third trimester, which is still more weeks away than I care to try to count at 5 AM. Thursday marked 16 weeks completed for me, so give or take two more months until then. I tried anyway, but wasn't too surprised when all I heard was the rumbly in my tummy. A small moment of good future parenting for you: The monitor takes a 9V battery to work. Guess where the only 9V batteries in my house are. If you guessed smoke detector, you are correct. With the assistance of a chair from the kitchen table, and the 9V battery from the detector in the living room, I heard my own stomach. Then I re-packaged the monitor and had Michael put the battery back where it should be.

I also bought a body pillow to keep me from leeping on my stomach. It doesn't hurt yet, it's just uncomfortable. So I slept with it. The next morning I woke up with my knee hurting me. It hurt so bad, it hurt to touch it. I don't know what is up with that.

Granddaddy was discharged from the hospital Wednesday afternoon, with an oxygen machine for home use and portable tanks for the car. We picked up the glass for his car yesterday. Then we drove to town to pick up his car and drop it off to be repaired. (Thanks sis!) Granddaddy had his PET scan yesterday. I will call this afternoon before I go to work to see if he got his car back and if his test results are back.

Time to get ready for bed. I have to put my blankets back up on the bedroom windows so I can sleep today. Poor Michael has been asleep on the couch all night. he wouldn't go to bed without me. I bet he sleeps on the couch all weekend. That's his usual spot when I have to work night shift. Poor guy. He says he can't sleep in the bed without me. Personally, I love the few days a month when I have the bed all to myself. He puts off too much body heat. And, every once in a while, there's nothing like a king sized bed all to yourself. Especially considering I sleep diagonally in the bed. And there's no one putting off more body heat than an oven. Or stealing the covers.


London Belle said...

You're kinda weird. :P

& you're welcome. I tried my best. HA! :P

I hope I get to see you soon! & I also hope my little niece/nephew doesn't make it a habit of showing off the goods like his/her uncle did! Hahahahaha!


Erin said...

Thank you so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog! I truly appreciate the prayers!

I admire women like you so much! I can't imagine being faced with the decision you were faced with-but the amount of love you showed for your little girl is unsurmountable. She is so lucky to have you!